Monday, October 25, 2010

Physics

If I wasn’t studying law, I think I’d be doing physics. No, I’m not sucking up to the boy. I have always loved science and there is something thrilling about scientific exploration. Of course, there is the inevitable math that goes alongside, but I think I could get the hang of it if I applied myself.

The thing is, I already have the nerdy glasses and the weak sense of humour. I’m a step away from being able to be huddled in a lab all day performing experiments, and I could work on cultivating my evil laugh.

*sigh* yes I know that most physicists don’t comply with this standard caricature of them, and in fact they are not all desperate, nerdy Jews whose mothers make Brisket on a Friday night. They do not all have weird personality disorders, making them annoying to almost everyone, nor do they insist on spending weekends at comic book stores. Just sometimes, you wish they would.


If nothing else, physics would at least allow me to understand xkcd a little more…

No comments:

Post a Comment